Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Look for Less - Anthropologie

Does anyone remember a show called The Look for Less?  I think it was on E! or TLC, or maybe I'm just nuts.  Anyway, those types of shows, television segments and magazine articles are always my favorite.  It's so great to see a designer outfit get cut down in price for us regular folks.

This is my first attempt at re-creating a look I love but didn't want to fork over the big bucks for.  My look is not exactly close, but just a loose interpretation and, well, much less expensive (still on the lookout for a rockin' anorak though).  Plus, it was comfy!

The Anthropologie Look (approx $350 not including oversized ring and shoes which are currently sold out online, poop)
Betty Ray's Look for Less (approx $155 with shoes)
Jeans - Lucky Brand (way old); tank - Tinley Road from Piperlime ($29); scarf - Ann Taylor Loft ($12 from 40% off sale); jacket - Target ($20 on sale); booties - Madden Girl ($39 after $10 coupon); cocktail ring - vintage, gift from the hubs; nails - OPI's Lucertainly Look Marvelous

Of course, I'd still love the Anthro outfit - especially those cute shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment