Friday, January 7, 2011

In 2011 I Will Be a Better Shopper!

While I don't do resolutions in the New Year, I do keep a mental list of some things I want to be more aware of in my day to day life and things I want to accomplish at some point in the foreseeable future.

For 2011 I want to be a more thoughtful shopper.  One of my bad habits is going shopping and not being satisfied unless I come home with bags and bags of god knows what that don't fit into my current wardrobe at all, resulting in even more shopping.  Going into the Gap outlet and stocking up on six sub-par sweaters just because they were cheap is something I no longer want to do.  My plan is to save up for some fabulous key pieces and to only purchase items I absolutely love.  Perhaps I won't be able to shop as often (this will be hard as hello, my name is Katrina, and I am a shop-a-holic), the UPS man won't be stopping at my house everyday and I will have to think about how I will wear something and what it will go with it that I already own before rushing to the checkout counter.

So, I will keep you posted on how this goes from time to time.  I'm hopeful it will work out!

Any other shopping obsessed people out there?  I believe there is a 12 step program for us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you in buying senseless crap I don't need because it's on sale and cheap! I am sooo guilty of that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not alone, but sorry you have the same problem. Here's to changing that this year!!

    ReplyDelete