Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday presents!! It's Latisse for me.

I hope everyone has a great and happy holiday - even if you don't celebrate, I hope you enjoy the quiet weekend.

We are going to have a very quiet weekend here.  Christmas day will be pajamas and sweats, possibly a visit to the movie theater if we get bored before dinner, and that's it.  And the best part is, since my kids spend the Eve with their dad and don't come home until Christmas morning, Santa is able to visit our house early.  So it's wine, cheese (or chocolate) and early to bed for mom tonight!
Oh, and I did splurge a little on me.  Every year if I get a little bonus money from work or from a client, I do spend a bit of it on myself.  This year I purchased something completely self-serving and selfish - Latisse!!  That's right, all I want for Christmas is some fuller, longer eyelashes.  LOL  Welcome new found vanity!  I'm going to try it out for three months and then see if it is worth it to continue from there.  My lashes are naturally dark, but they are thin and much like my hair, don't hold a curl.

For reference, here are my before pics (with makeup and one layer of mascara).  I'll try to remember to post monthly so we can see the progress or lack thereof.

The "from the top" view:
And my patented straight on, deer in the headlights pose:
"Naked" lash picture added 12/30/10
Do you treat yourself to anything special for the holidays?


2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only one who treats herself during Christmas... But I actually told my husband that I was buying presents for myself when it happened, LOL.

    Carolyn Buss Jewelry and Sweet Anthem perfumes had November sales that I just couldn't walk away from! And I knew it would be a pain to go into detail to my husband about the items and web sites... so I snatched 'em up, wrapped 'em up and put 'em under the tree.

    Hey— Santa needs some help sometimes, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - there were some other presents under the tree that my husband looked at me weird when I opened. :)

    Can't wait to hear what you got from Sweet Anthem. I still haven't tried them. But Carolyn I love. And it doesn't hurt that she's the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete