Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh, an award! Thank you, Thank you!

The super sweet Terrie of The Anthropological Shopper gave me an award last week.  I'm somewhat unfamiliar with how this works, but will try to follow the directions as best I can.  Here is my Versatile Blogger Award "stuff"!  Thank you Terri, you rock!

When you get the Versatile Blogger Award
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog in your post. Tell seven things about yourself and award seven recently discovered bloggers and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award.
Seven things huh?  Well, this could be tough but I'll try.  :)

1.  My husband and I met online through an online dating service.  Pretty sure that makes us nerds.

2.  I have my motorcycle license.  Oh yeah, I'm real badass.  Took the 3 day long class, rode the little light motorcycle they gave us, passed the test and got my license.  My husband (then boyfriend) even bought me a Honda Nighthawk for Valentine's Day.  That spring we took it to the park to practice.  I rode around in a few circles, all in 1st gear, came to a stop and stalled.  At that point the bike leaned a little too far and it dropped, bending the shift lever up so that my husband had to drive us home in one gear.  Never rode again.  Yet!

3.  I played the clarinet throughout Jr. High and my freshman year of High School.  At that point it was no longer cool to be in band and despite being first chair, I dropped it.  I have always regretted that as my grandparents were so proud of my playing and I know they were disapointed I let it go.  My son though recently took it up for a year and used my old clarinet.  Ironically, he dropped it as it was not cool for a boy to play clarinet at 9 years old.  sigh...

4.  My first job ever at age 14 was as a lingerie sales girl in the Woodbury Commons outlets.  Yup, at 14 I was measuring women for bras and selling thongs.  Interesting work.  I did however have a better lingerie collection than most 30 year olds.  Scary!

5.  At the start of my junior year of college I started having panic attacks.  For a while this turned into major anxiety disorder and agoraphobia.  Anytime I would travel more than a few minutes from home I would get overcome with panic and would have to rush to the bathroom or pass out.  I've seen my fair share of gas station bathrooms to last a lifetime and never did finish college or get my degree...yet!

6.  I am a major day dreamer.  Seriously, I can't turn it off.

7.  Three years ago I did get to cross one item off my bucket list.  My husband and I went sky diving in Las Vegas.  See, I am bad ass! ;)  A little advice if you chose to do the same - do NOT, under any circumstances, ever, ever, ever opt for the videotape.  Nobody looks good while skydiving!  When I go, that DVD is coming with me.

Seven newly discovered bloggers I enjoy (but there are so many more):

Respect the Shoes, Found In My Closet, Jo Jo Phine, Kirsten Marie, Kristina J, Mozzarella & Makeup and The Girliest Boy Mom

5 comments:

  1. congrats! that is so cool that you met your husband through an online dating service! it is so amazing how fabulous the internet is!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award:) That motocycle story sounds like something I would do. Funny! Do you think you will ever try again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat on the award. I had so much fun reading about your badass experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have your motorcycle license AND you went sky diving?!? That's pretty bad-ass to me! I wouldn't do either of those things (mostly because I have terrible balance on motorcycle/jetski type things, and I'm scared of sky diving). Thank you so much for the award! You are the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete